Green Willow Funerals believes that the way we conduct ourselves and our business matters to most of our customers.
Beyond personal attention and a high quality service, many people select Green Willow Funerals because they know we are wholly owned by a charity and that our profit is gift-aided to sustain the Cardiff YMCA (1910) Trust’s support of community work.
Award-Winning Social Enterprise – Keeping up the Good Work!
Many people choose the services of Green Willow Funerals Limited because, in addition to receiving professional and caring attention at a time of need, they know that our profit funds such a wide range of charitable activity in communities across South Wales. Profit is transferred to the Cardiff YMCA (1910) Trust who, in turn, distribute grants to organisations, agencies, clubs and individuals that are doing fantastic work within their neighbourhood or community of interest.
Green Willow Funerals Limited is delighted that the part we play in enhancing the lives of individuals and communities has received much recognition recently:
We were awarded “Highly Commended” status in the “Social Impact” category of Social Business Wales Awards 2021. View our certificate here.
We were shortlisted for an award for “Community Engagement” by Golden Charter (our partner Funeral Planning Company)
We have been shortlisted for a “Community Impact” award in the South Wales Argus Awards, the outcome of which will be announced mid November 2021
Vision, Mission and Values
The VISION of green willow funerals is to: Be people’s ‘go-to’, not-for-profit, charity-supporting Funeral Director.
The MISSION of green willow funerals is to:
• Willingly serve each and every client with due skill and sensitivity
• Proudly treat each and every deceased person in our care with respect
• Embody and model values and practice expected of a leading social enterprise, within and beyond the company
• Engage with local communities and support The 1910 Trust’s charitable support of people and communities in South Wales
Our VALUES are:
• Professionalism (knowledge, respect and confidentiality)
• Reliability (trustworthiness, capability & dependability)
• Empathy (due sensitivity and recognition that each funeral and loss is uniquely personal)
• Supportiveness (for clients and for colleagues)
• Transparency (in our pricing and dealings with clients)
• Pride (in our role, our standard of service and our support of the 1910)